Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Thanks from a Virtual Assistant Wannabe


I first heard the words "Virtual Assistant" from my niece who got early on into blogging. Curiously, I attended Jomar Hilario's Manila VA Seminar last September 18, 2010 at Rosewood Pointe in Taguig together with my sister.


virtual assistant and Jomar the Promoter
We arrived at Rosewood Clubhouse at exactly 1:00 P.M. Saved by the aircon's remote control without battery, the seminar started late at around 1:30 P.M. I really want to grasp everything from start to finish as the "virtual assistant" thing is all new to me. Our three hours journey from north to south is worth the travel as Jomar Hilario is so generous to share his knowledge. He even emailed to us the exact presentation he discussed during the Manila Virtual Assistant seminar.

the virtual assistant wannabes

The virtual assistant wannabes (of course us attendees) are also very casual during the Q and A portions. Special mention is Ms. Queenie Lungay for her sharing and tips on her experiences and resources as a virtual assistant.

What I have learned from the seminar? LOTS!
But these 3 things remained in my head in order to be an effective virtual assistant:

1. Proper time management - I must manage my time well as a full-time college student and part-time virtual assistant given the fact that virtual assistance work will consume my time on different zones.

2. Patience - given that every human must possess in all aspect.

3. Willing to learn new things - This is a totally new matter to me. Even Google adword tool suggests "serviced offices" for the virtual assistant phrase.

virtual assistant thinking for ideas
One thing is for sure, I will be working on my own time and place right after graduation.

Thank you, Jomar!

Virtual Assistant seminar venue at night
If you want to have stress-free life and say goodbye to your boss, traffic, 8 to 5 work, officemate, try this, it might make you smile : http://bit.ly/jomarmentor


Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. Hello,
    You have a nice virtual assistant blog entry here. Are you now accepting VA jobs. Keep updating and more success.

    Red @ (
    Virtual Assistant Business Philippines)

    ReplyDelete